Button Batteries and Children

Button batteries are tiny, round batteries. They are commonly used in watches and hearing aids. Children often swallow these batteries or put up them up their nose. They can be breathed in more deeply (inhaled) from the nose.

Button batteries found in, Calculators,Some Cameras, Hearing aids,Penlights, Watches and even most in kids toys.

A swallowed battery may cause no symptoms at all. But if it becomes stuck in the esophagus or stomach, then Abdominal pains, Bloody stools, Cardiovascular collapse (shock), Chest pain, Inflammation in the stomach or intestines, Hole in the esophagus, Nausea or vomiting (possibly bloody), Metallic taste in the mouth  may occur.

How do button batteries kill?

Video Sources  

Thanks for reading Button Batteries and Children

« Prev Post